Thursday, February 19, 2009

24 weeks and counting...

Greetings from snow covered Michigan...again. I'm getting kinda tired of the white stuff. Yes, I do still think its pretty when everything is clean and white. However, I am over driving in it and paying someone to shovel it. Normally Rick or I would do it our self, but there is this guy in our neighborhood that snowblows it before we get a chance. While it is a nice gesture he doesn't ask us before he does it and he expects to be paid. Needless to say this snow is getting expensive. I heard the other day that the average snowfall we have by this time of year is 55 inches and we have had 80+ inches to date. It has been a very very showy winter. I am going to need it to stop pretty soon because my winter coat is getting tighter and tighter and there is NO WAY I am going to buy a new coat to finish out the winter.

Yesterday I had a visit with my OB. It went very well. My blood pressure was up a little the first time they took it. However to doctor took it the second time with a bigger cuff and it was much better. She was impressed that I have only gained 10lbs during the pregnancy. She told me that before my next visit I have to get my glucose test done and get my blood drawn for my RhoGam injection. Oh how I love needles! She also told me that my next visit will be my last monthly visit and after that I will start going every 2 weeks. That kinda freaked me out a little. Time is flying by and now I have a little panic that I won't be ready. We still have a long way to go to get Aiden's room ready. I know it will get done, I just had a brief moment of panic. Otherwise things are going well and Aiden continues to be very active and have a great sounding heartbeat! His heart rate was 152. That is still such an amazing sound! I could listen to it all day!

No comments: