I know it has been a long time since I've written anything here. I don't have an awesome excuse other than I have been busy. I've been working as much overtime as I can tolerate so we have some extra cash when the little one arrives. Things in this neck of the woods have been pretty normal. It's been snowing here like crazy. I haven't seen this much snow before Christmas in a long time. It's nice, even if it is a little more challenging to drive in.
On the baby front, we went to the doctor today. We met Dr. Lomax for the first time. He's pretty interesting to say the least. Let's just say he walked into the room with a pink lab coat on. Hmmm...No he was alright. He answered our questions and was able to find the baby's heartbeat. The heart rate was 156. He also said I was measuring big for my dates. He asked me if I was sure about the dates and I assured him that I was relatively certain of the dates since we did artificial insemination. We scheduled our ultrasound for January 12. Hopefully (if the baby cooperates) we will know whether we are having a boy or a girl. My brother Rob and his wife Carmen weren't so lucky. They had the ultrasound last week and the baby was lying on its belly in Carmen's belly and they were unable to coax it into turning over so they still don't know what they are having. However the baby looked healthy and was moving all over the place. It was very fun the listen to my baby brother describe that experience!
We went to Tabby's Christmas program last week and I will post some pictures of that soon. It was a great program. Mackinaw Schools do a great job with the program. We have thoroughly enjoyed the two programs we have attended.
Well I must sign off for now as it is nearing my bed time, especially since I have to work tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ahhh! Just a couple more days!!! Can't wait to hear the good news...hopefully baby cooperates. I recommend drinking LOTS of orange juice...worked like a charm everytime for me.
Post a Comment