Yesterday was my birthday and I love my birthday with my whole heart! It has nothing to do with ageing. It just makes me happy. I had to work yesterday, but I was with all of my work friends. Overall it was even a great day at work. I made cup cakes for everyone. They kind of gave me a hard time about bringing my own treats, but they all seemed to really enjoy them. I think I had just as much fun making them as they had eating them. Rick is going to take me out to dinner on Thursday and we are going to our favorite Chinese place in Mattawan called Chin Chin. It is so yummy and I am really looking forward to an evening with my hubby!
On the baby front, we went to the OB on Monday for our first appointment with the doctor. It was nice to meet her and I think we are really going to like her. She answered all of our questions and didn't think any of them were silly. She told us that she was going to try to hear the baby's heart beat, but that it is kind of early and she wasn't sure if we would be able to hear anything. The minute she put the doppler to my belly we heard the heart beat loud and clear. It was amazing, so amazing that I cried. As a nurse I have heard that sound a hundred times on echos and dopplers, but it is so much more unbelievable when it is your own. I could have listened to that for hours. The heart rate was 160 beats per minute. Modern medicine is amazing and I can't wait for the next doctors visit to I can hear that sound again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy belated birthday to you! Glad your doctors appt went great. I'm guessing girl. ;)
That seems to be everyone's guess. Not one person has said boy. On January 12 hopefully we will find out!
Post a Comment