Ok so there is way more to the story. My mom and I picked her up from school and before we even left the school driveway Tabby yet again asked if I had a baby in my tummy. And again I didn't tell her the whole truth. I wanted Rick to be there. It was something we needed to do as a family. So once we got her back down here Rick and I took her aside and showed her the ultrasound picture of our little (very little) one. She was immediately excited. Then Rob and Carmen showed her their picture. She held both pictures and cried. I think she was just extremely overwhelmed. After we had dinner we took her home and stayed up until after 11:00 pm answering questions. Some crazy and some very important ones. Tabby is very excited about being and big sister! On Sabbath when we were in church she drew a picture for her new baby brother or sister. Then on Sunday before she had to leave to go back home, she wrote a note to her new sibling on her white board in her room. It was very sweet. There was only one time where she got a little sad and told me she was afraid we wouldn't love her as much now. I think she is going to need a lot of reassurance over the next few months! Below is her note...one of the sweetest things I have ever seen!

The note says (with some spelling corrections):
Hi baby sister or brother. It is your big sister. I am going to teach you when you are out of mama's tummy and you will like me so much that you will hug me so much.
Love Tabby From Tabby
No comments:
Post a Comment