That was a historic day for our family. Two wonderful things happened. First my sister Tracey had brain surgery. They found a small tumor in June and she went to Duke University to have it removed. It was removed by world famous neurosurgeon Allen Freidman! If he is good enough for Ted Kennedy he is good enough for my sister. We did not know before the surgery what kind of tumor it was, so we were all on pins and needles. My parents and brother and sister-in-law went down for the surgery (I'll explain why I didn't go in a minute). Mom called me once she was out of the OR and told me the tumor was a benign grade 1 polycystic astrocytoma and the only follow-up she would need is periodic MRI's. PRAISE GOD!!! We all breathed a huge sigh of relief.
The other great thing on that day was for Rick and I. That is the day we got to go to the Grand Rapids fertility clinic for our intrauterine insemination. So we were hoping for a good turn out for both Tracey and us. Rick turned in a spectacular performance with 37 million! Woo Hoo! They inseminated me at almost the exact moment they took Tracey into surgery. The only draw back for us was that we would have to wait for 2 weeks to know our results! So we waited and we waited. That was the longest 2 weeks of my life. Then we had planned to wait until the following Monday because I didn't have to work. If we tested on Friday and it was negative I didn't want to cry at work all weekend because things didn't work. However once Thursday night rolled around we decided we couldn't wait. So at 2:30 am on Friday Oct.3 we got our first positive pregnancy test. I did do another home test on Monday...just to be sure. :-) Then the fertility clinic wanted me to confirm with an HCG test. That is a blood pregnancy test. I did the first one for them on Monday Oct. 6 and it was positive at 750. They told me that anything over 500 is considered positive. Then I did a second test on Wednesday, Oct. 8. They had me do the second one just to make sure the level was rising. It too was positive at 1393! So I guess that means I'm PREGNANT!!!! We are so very excited and so grateful to all our family and friends for all of their thoughts and prayers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Becky,
Sorry to hear about Tracy, we didn't know. On a happier note congrats on the preg. I know that you are very happy.
cousin Larry
P.S. Just found out about your blog and discovered that you were a follower of our site when I added a followers feature to our blogsite. I am now a follower of your blog so post often. ;-)
Yay! Congrats on the pregnancy. What a wonderful feelig after everything you have been through. You are an amazing woman and will be one awesome Momma! Keep us updated!
Post a Comment